Re: [css3-regions] Clarification on getRegionFlowRanges with display:none nodes

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> The getRegionFlowRanges method returns the "fragment from the named flow
> that is laid out in the region."
>
> I am assuming the fragment includes nodes with display:none. If an node
> with display:none falls on a fragmentation boundary, there is some
> ambiguity as to which region the element is "laid out in."
>
> I propose to add this to the definition of getRegionFlowRanges:
>
> ---
> The Ranges returned may include nodes with display:none situated between
> other nodes laid out in the region. If a node with display:none falls on a
> fragmentation boundary, it is considered "laid out" in the region with the
> previous node. If the first node of a named flow has display:none it is
> considered "laid out" in the first region of the region chain.
> ---

You're mixing levels here.  getRegionFlowRanges cares about the box
tree.  Elements that are display:none don't generate boxes at all.
Thus, they don't appear in the region at all, and won't be part of the
list of ranges returned by the function.

~TJ