Re: [css-variables] CSS Custom Properties L1

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:51:11 +0200
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
CC: www-style@w3.org
I do not feel strongly about the syntax, I’ll leave the bikesheding to
others.

Le 21/06/2012 22:32, François REMY a écrit :
> | [about $attr()]
> |
> | So the attribute value would go through the CSS tokenizer? It could have
> | comments, backslash-escapes and everything?
>
> This is the idea. However, it don't have to go through the full tokenizer
> because, to be valid, the stream has to conform to the <value> type.

I don’t understand what you mean. Attribute values are Unicode strings.
The process of going from a single string to a list of token is called
tokenization. We already have a well-defined tokenizer for CSS. Do you
propose having a different, "dumb" tokenizer for attr()?

I don’t see how this relate to whether a token stream matches <value>.

--
Simon Sapin