[css3-writing-modes] column progression direction

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:03:26 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, CJK discussion <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Alex Mogilevsky raised an issue in a discussion awhile back: specifically,
what should the column progression direction be if the parent of the
multi-column element belongs to an orthogonal flow with a block flow
direction opposite to the multi-col element's inline direction?

E.g. suppose I have a vertical Japanese document:

    <====

Then I insert a horizontal (LTR) multicol element

                <====

Is column A or B first in the logical order?

~fantasai