Re : Re : [css3-values] nesting calc()

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:16:11 +0100 (BST)
To: "Kang-Hao \(Kenny\) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
| Oh, I see what you mean. But with the current CSS syntax, introducing
| "compute()" wouldn't affect this example because you could not put a
| space in between the identifier and the parentheses of a function call
| (try "url ()" in general or "attr ()" in "content:" if you don't believe
| me). This is a bit different from other major programming languages.

Ok, you just answered my initial question. I don't mind about spaces
between function name and function arguments, nobody would actually
want to use that, I think. However, I wasn't sure the CSS Parser actually
considered whitespaces.

In such case, I don't have any concern about using parentheses directly.