[css3-page] 9.4. Allowed page breaks

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:08 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Current text:

> In the normal flow, page breaks may occur at the following places:
>
> 1. In the vertical margin between sibling block boxes (or rows in a
> table). When an unforced page break occurs here, both the adjoining
> ‘margin-top’ and ‘margin-bottom’ are set to zero.

This should apply to all block-level boxes, not just block boxes.

Also, "sibling" should "immediate sibling", except for boxes that are
only separated by out-of-flow boxes. I’m not sure how to phrase it.

> 2. Between line boxes inside a block box.

What about the line boxes in other block-containers? Breaking inside an
inline-box probably does not make sense, but I’m not sure about table cells.

> 3. Between the content edge of a block box and the outer edges of its
> child content (margin edges of block-level children or line box edges
> for inline-level children) if there is a (non-zero) gap between them.

What can produce such a "gap"? I can think of height, min-height and
being a block formatting context root (see CSS21:10.6.7). Are there others?

What if the "gap" is negative? (Through a small height or max-height.)

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin