Re: Selectable text inside block level links (was Re: Clickable area for hyperlinks)

From: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:10:05 +0900
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Le 16 juin 2012 à 05:36, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :

> In Gecko on Mac, option-click lets you do this.  I seem to recall some other modifier key working for this on other platforms in Gecko, but I don't have them on hand to test right now.  I can't speak for other browsers here...

I hope you mean option-drag here. Option-click does absolutely nothing with Firefox (Aurora 15.a-something and recent nightly build).
Option-drag is a platform convention on OS X, and works fine for inline links; it works for block links, but it requires one to start the drag from (slightly) outside the block of text. In Safari and Camino (and I think Chrome), option-click a link downloads the target.

--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com