Re: [css4-color] Make the r/g/b components be <number> rather than <integer>?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is relevant because it's specified in the spec. See the bottom section of
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#value-def-color:
>
> "All RGB colors are specified in the sRGB color space"
>
> sRGB is clipped to [0 1]
>
> The sentence that is causing the most confusion for me is:
>
> "Other devices, such as printers, have different gamuts than sRGB; some
> colors outside the 0..255 sRGB range will be representable (inside the
> device gamut), while other colors inside the 0..255 sRGB range will be
> outside the device gamut and will thus be mapped."
>
> Boris believes this means that <0 and >1 values are allowed

Boris is correct.

If you would like to continue this discussion, could you split the
thread?  This tangent is quite irrelevant to the original topic, which
was just about allowing <number>s instead of <integer>s in the
components of the rgb/a() function.

~TJ