Re: Clickable area for hyperlinks

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:34:07 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 6/14/12 12:24 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Le 14/06/2012 11:15, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>> (We make this as high as 'line-height' for inline boxes.)
>
> This is obviously wrong when an inline <a> element contains an image
> higher than line-height. We’d want the whole image to be included in the
> "hit zone".

That will Just Work due to click events bubbling, no?  As in, the event
_target_ in this case will be the image, not the <a>.  But the event
will then bubble up to the <a>.

The "inline boxes" bit mostly matters for purposes of determining when
the inline box's element is the event target, I would think.

-Boris