Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 2012-06-13

From: Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:33:40 +0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
14.06.2012, 01:41, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>:
> šššglazou: Some people wanted to test for the presence of scripting or not.
> šššflorian: Oh yes, I forgot about that. I already have a draft about that.
> ššš<nimbu> wait is this similar to @supports by dbaron?
> šššššššššššhttp://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-conditional/
> ššš<TabAtkins> nimbu: Only insofar as @supports is kinda a Media Query.

Does this mean that it's planned to include css3-conditional into Media Queries Level 4?

`@supports` feature in particular is _extremely_ important and demanded in real world (IMO, `@supports` is much more primary than adding _any_ new CSS features since, once added, `@supports` would give ability to properly [fast, usably, clearly, and future-proofly] detect and use all new features [added _after_ `@supports`] via pure CSS). Currently it's always handled via JavaScript.