[css3-selectors] Structural pseudo-classes and the root element.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:22:03 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

Can the root element ever match structural pseudo-classes other than
:root and :empty?

Namely, :nth-child, :nth-last-child, :nth-of-type, :nth-last-of-type,
:first-child, :last-child, :first-of-type, :last-of-type, :only-child
and :only-of-type are all based on the element having a parent. The root
element is the only one without a parent, so I guess none of these
pseudo-classes apply. But I donít find this very clear in the spec.

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin