[css-device-adapt] Should the constraining procedure be tied to media queries?

From: Ryan Betts <rbetts@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:21:31 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I have a concern about the wording of the constraining procedure.
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-device-adapt/#constraining-procedure

"User agents are expected, but not required, to re-run this
procedure and re-layout the document, if necessary, in response to
changes in the user environment, for example if the device is tilted
from landscape to portrait mode or the window that forms the initial
viewport<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-device-adapt/#initial-viewport> is
resized."

It seems essential to the utility of this feature that the UA re-run the procedure at least in any of the cases that media queries would be re-evaluated. I had a short chat with Florian about this and he suggested that we keep the current wording with an addition:

"However, UAs that also support Media Queries http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/
must re-run this procedure and re-layout the document in all cases where
changes in the user environment would cause them to re-evaluate Media
Queries."

Cheers.
-Ryan