Re: [css3-page] Effect of 'visibility: hidden' on page boxes

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:24:18 +0200
To: liam@w3.org
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Le 12/06/2012 07:20, Liam R E Quin a écrit :
> On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 21:40 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> I don't see a real use-case for
>> simply hiding an entire page,
>
> "print only odd pages" ?
>
> "do not show me (or print) pages that refer to the spaceships with only
> one warp drive, since they do not apply to me" ??

I don’t know if these are use cases we should address in CSS, but:

If 'visibility' is consistent with what it does on elements, it would
rather generate a page with nothing painted on it.

Not generating the page at all would be more like 'display: none'. Note
however that we might still need to do the layout for the whole page
content, in order to know where the next page starts.

Le 12/06/2012 04:08, fantasai a écrit :
> My inclination atm is to make it not apply to the page box, and just
> let it inherit through into the margin boxes, but I wanted to hear
> what other people think.

I think this makes most sense.

--
Simon Sapin