[css3-page] Effect of 'visibility: hidden' on page boxes

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:08:22 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Right now the spec says that 'visibility' applies in the @page context.
What should it do? Obviously, it should inherit into the margin boxes
and make them invisible, but what effect should it have on the page
box itself?

   * Should it hide the page background (which covers the entire page,
     including its margins)?
   * Should it hide the page border?
   * Should it hide the document canvas or content?

My inclination atm is to make it not apply to the page box, and just
let it inherit through into the margin boxes, but I wanted to hear
what other people think.

~fantasai