[selectors3] WIP: a selector parser based on css3-syntax

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:19:00 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 08/06/2012 02:06, fantasai a ťcrit :
> On 06/07/2012 03:48 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
>> Ideally Iíd like to see everything defined in terms of the new
>> Syntax3, but I understand that this stuff takes time and effort.
>> Can any external help be useful?
>
> If you've got a patch for Selectors 3, I'll take it. ^_^

Ok, here it is. Iíve attached a text file for a first draft.

The actual parser is not there yet, but I have all the boilerplate
around it, including a well-defined input and output.

I donít like the name, but I think that a well-defined concept like
"regrouped tokens" can be useful for css3-syntaxís interactions with
selectors, property values and unparsed at-rules.

Perhaps more interesting: I have a parser for :nth-child() and friends
based on css3-syntax tokens. Itís verbose, itís not pretty, but I think
it covers all the cases.

This obviously needs formatting and cross-references, but Iím not
familiar with the usual spec editing tools.

Any feedback at this point?

Thanks,
--
Simon Sapin