Re: [css3-flexbox] (Editorial) Plural of basis

On Friday 2012-06-08 08:42 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The flexbox spec uses basises as the plural of basis. The correct
> > plural is bases.
> >
> > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/basis
> >
> > Tab, I know you're not a big fan of latin-like inflections, but but
> > reforming English spelling and grammar isn't quite part of our
> > charter :)
>
> It doesn't need to be part of our charter, just part of how I write.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#DocumentsGeneral
says:
  # The primary language for W3C technical reports is English.

Your attempts to reform the English language are likely to make it
harder for anyone using an automatic translation tool to understand
the specification.

-David