Re: [css3-selectors] Valid syntax that never represents an element

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:48:27 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 07/06/2012 22:23, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> The formal grammar is multiple kinds of broken.  It simply can't be
> relied on.

What should implementations rely on instead? (I’ve been using the
grammar in selectors3 to work on cssselect’s parser recently, which was
even more broken. Backslash-escapes simply weren’t there.)

> It'll be fixed.

Will it be fixed in Selectors level 3 or 4? How will this fix relate to
the recent Syntax3 effort?

Ideally I’d like to see everything defined in terms of the new Syntax3,
but I understand that this stuff takes time and effort. Can any external
help be useful?

--
Simon Sapin