Re: [css-variables] Variables in @page

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:31:48 -0700
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>, CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Fran├žois REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> > 1. Descriptors in @-rules can use variables defined on the root element.
>> >
>> > This matches the fact that @page inherits from the root element, except
>> > descriptors themselves are not properties and thus do not inherit.
>>
>> This is potentially reasonable, but I'm not sure how useful it is.
>> Use-cases?
>
> Reusing global color constants is already an use case. Here's a list of
> properties that can be used on @page :

We're talking about things *other* than @page and @*-margin.  I
already mentioned that those are basically just selectors, but have to
be wedged into the at-rule syntax.  They inherit from the root
already, so they should "automatically" get variables as well.

Among all the other existing at-rules, are there any where there's a
good reason to want a variable?

~TJ