Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:25:14 +0200
To: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Robert O'Callahan" <rocallahan@gmail.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
>> 4. "layer" and "layer 10" in section 6.1 are unclear. "Layer" is used
>>    nowhere in CSS references used in this spec. This must be clarified.
>
> This section also seems to assume that the list in CSS 2.1's appendix E is
> for the entire document (e.g. saying "Each browsing context has one
> associated viewport and therefore also one top layer"), but it's actually
> the painting order of a stacking context, of which there can be several.

Tab, Ian, Robert, so the problem is that even if we create a new
stacking context layer, it will still be relative.

R is root. R1 and R2 are its children, both creating their own
stacking context. R1 has z-index 0 and R2 has z-index 1. Now R1 has a
child F. F gets displayed fullscreen in the new "top layer", but will
still be behind R2. So we need something else.

I'm not entirely sure what would be a good solution though.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/