Re: [css3-regions][cssom] NamedFlowCollection as a live collection?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:01:36 +0200
To: "Mihnea-Vlad Ovidenie" <mihnea@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@microsoft.com>
On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:56:07 +0200, Alex Mogilevsky
<alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> See http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#collections
> My understanding of HTML conventions is that if collection is an
> attribute it must be live. Anne - would you say it is "must" or "should"

If you want to return a static list you should use a method. A method is
expected to be able to return something new if you invoke it later. An
attribute generally returns the same thing over time. (This is the pattern
we try to follow.)

Although I don't have conclusive data, my impression is that developers
prefer static lists. You might be able to get more feedback on this by
emailing public-webapps@w3.org.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/