Re: Prefix SVG properties in CSS?

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just added the image-rendering property from SVG in WeasyPrint, a CSS
> engine. I made it apply to image replaced elements and background images.
>
> SVG 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation, but the property is not in any CSS spec
> (AFAIK) so I prefixed it. However, this case is not covered in
> http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/vendor-prefixes
>
> As an implementer, should I use a prefix in such a case?

It being present in SVG 1.1 is sufficient to allow you to not use a prefix.

The property was in Image Values 3, but I kicked it to level 4 since
there was little to no implementation experience.  You can see it at
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-images/Overview.src.html#image-rendering>
- it's a bit different than the SVG version.  If you wish to implement
this version, I recommend using a prefix, and expecting it to change
in the future.