RE: [CSS21] BFC may become narrower and collide with a previous float

Hello Alan,

I am still not sure why you insist on an interpretation of 'space' as 'width' - can you point me to a specific line in the 2.1 spec?

I am also not sure why you would insist or expect the BFC in your previous example (the auto-height table) to behave different than a single character that is taller than the float?

Here's a modified version of your example.

<!DOCTYPE html>
   div { width: 190px; border: solid thick silver; }
   p   { width: 100px; height: 100px;
         border: dashed; background: yellow; margin: 0; }
   #a { color: magenta; float: left; }
   #b { color: blue;    float: right; }

Thanks,
Rossen