Re: [css3-text] Should text-shadow have 'spread'?

On Jan 30, 2012, at 4:34 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:

> Brad:
>> Simon:
>>> If we're going to define spread behavior for text-shadow based on
>> stroking, I think we should do the same for box-shadow, and specify the
>> miter behavior.
>>
>> I thought we more or less did so, describing how the 90deg corners
>> remain sharp before blurring takes place.
>
> I was under the same impression.
>
> Simon, can you elaborate?

The spec doesn't define spread in terms of stroking:
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-box-shadow>

It talks about a thresholding approach, which would be much more computationally intensive, and does
not exactly how spread reacts to different corner radii. I think, if we want to define spread for text-shadow
in terms of stroking, that Backgrounds and Borders should do the same thing.

Simon