Re: [css3-animations] Transitions on moving targets (was Re: Override of animation rule by !important)

On Sunday 2012-01-29 16:38 +0000, Jon Rimmer wrote:
> At present, in the browsers I tried, any change to the underlying
> "from" value is ignored until the transition out starts. This is
> perfectly reasonable, but isn't the only way it could work. In theory
> transitions could be specified to track changes to the underlying
> value throughout the interpolation. I talked a bit about the possible
> ramifications of doing this, or not doing it, in another post.

I don't see what it means to track the change to an underlying value
when the only thing that triggers the transition is a change in
computed value.  How do you partition the styles into those that are
"before" only, those that are "after" only, and those that are both,
as other dynamic changes continue to happen after the transition has
started?

-David