RE: [css3-flexbox] Computed value and flex-align/flex-item-align.

Now, this sounds like a sensible reason to do the work. There is actually a place where it makes a difference.

Note btw that you will get exactly same result by setting "flex-item-align:auto; flex-align:inherit" on the middle flexbox. But inheriting actual alignment makes sense here. I agree to the text you already have in the spec.