Re: [css3 transitions] margin, padding shorthand properties

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW I think there shouldn't be a list at all. It's a maintenance nightmare
> to have to update the spec every time a new property is defined. As long as
> it defines how each value type is interpolated, their combination and
> potential exceptions, I never got why an all inclusive list is needed. A
> list of a few examples, sure, but a list that has to include every CSS
> property?!

In general, the list includes everything that was "mature" at the time
Transitions was created.  We now have an "Animatable" line in the
propdef tables in our spec template, so all CSS3 specs should include
their animation information as part of their property descriptions,
and the list in Transitions can just deal with 2.1 properties.