Re: [css3-regions] How should elementFromPoint interact with Regions?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Chris Jones <cjon@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We therefore suggest that if elementFromPoint(x,y) is called from a parent
> document and hits an element in a child document (e.g. displayed in a frame
> or region), an appropriate element from the parent document should be
> returned.  If the document is being displayed via an iframe or frame
> element, return that element.  If the document is being displayed via a
> region, return the region displaying the document.

IMHO you should always return the <iframe> element whether or not it's
flowing into a region. What is the argument for returning a region element?
I don't think you would ever return a region element for same-document
content flowing into the region (except perhaps where the region has no
content), so I don't see why you would want to for <iframe> content.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us