Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:13:27 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>
On Tuesday 2012-01-24 19:06 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Joking aside, am I reading correctly that in some cases the <position> value type
> resolves differently than in others? I'll assume that's both unfortunate and
> unavoidable and, hopefully, not too surprising in most cases. A list of those
> properties categorized by how they resolve it would be interesting. Seems like
> fodder for a blog post, at least.

In some cases it's positioning one rectangle within another; in
other cases it's positioning a point within a rectangle.

If you treat the second case (point in rectangle) as a special case
of the first (rectangle in rectangle) where the inner object always
has 0 width and 0 height, then they're not different; it's just that
the second case is more limited.

-David