RE: [css3-text] Should text-shadow have 'spread'?

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 03:04:03 +0000
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
 [fantasai:]
> Also, the CSS2.0 version

Well, if we're going to go back to the CSS2.0 version then this should be restored as well...

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-CSS2-20080411/text.html#text-shadow-props
# If no color is specified, the value of the 'color' property will be used instead.

Further, if we want text-shadow and box-shadow to converge (where reasonable) rather than diverge then box-shadow should be changed from...
# omitted colors are a UA-chosen color.

In short, both text-shadow and box-shadow should specify currentColor style behavior for absent <color> parameters if we're concerned with CSS 2.0 compatibility and want consistency for common parameters between box and text shadow.