Re: [css3-marquee] What's the state of th is spec?

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:27:11 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:07:23 +0100, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/1/12 16:24, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On 1/23/12 10:24 AM, Lea Verou wrote:
>>> What's the point of using a prefix on a spec that's in CR though?
>>
>> If your implementation doesn't match the draft?
>>
>> Or if websites use the prefixed version and you want compat with said
>> sites?
>>
>> -Boris
>>
> Ah, right.

In this particular case, css3-marquee isn't really equivalent to WCSS
-wap-marquee. From what I can tell, the former seems tied to 'overflow',
whereas the latter is a special value for the 'display' property. There is
also a difference in how the element must be rendered when all iterations
have finished.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA