Re: [css3-syntax] CSS escape sequences

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:03:46 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On 1/20/12 2:57 PM, Mathias Bynens wrote:
> Ok so what’s the status here? Should we file bugs with all browsers
> except Firefox, asking to fix this? Does the spec need amending?

At the very least a bug needs to be filed on WebKit, if there isn't one
already, to properly support non-BMP escape sequences.

I personally think that bugs should be filed on the other UAs about the
UTF-16 behavior and the spec should be clarified to disallow it, but of
course I'm biased.  ;)

-Boris