Re: Color tweaking functions

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:39:07 -0800
To: Chris Eppstein <chris@eppsteins.net>
Cc: "bertrand.design" <bertrand.design@gmail.com>, Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>, David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>, Pete Boere <pete@the-echoplex.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Chris Eppstein <chris@eppsteins.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I implemented the color functions for sass. They are, without a doubt, one
> of our users favorite features - especially with designers. But their value
> is based on being able to refer to other colors -- so there's very little
> point in having color functions without having variables first.

Yup, indeed.  Their primary use is with variables, so you can define a
base color in one var, manipulate the color in other vars, then use
those vars for all your color theming needs.

I'm not sure of exactly what form they'll take, but I plan to work on
Colors 4 at some point in the near future and will devote some thought
to it.