Re: Color tweaking functions

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:24:06 +0000
To: Pete Boere <pete@the-echoplex.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Pete Boere wrote:
> Are there any plans to implement color 'tweaking' functions in css?

Your examples are manipulating technical parameters.  I would expect
designers to be interested in subjective behaviour, and therefore want
to specify the literal values that are subjectively right, not some
algorithmic approximation.

The over the wire cost of these examples would be higher than sending
the literal, i.e. a preprocessor would be better.

I would think scripting interfaces would already cope with dynamic,
client side, manipulation.

--
David Woolley