Re: % is not a valid unit for border-width

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:13:50 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [Tab Atkins Jr.:]
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Does calc in border-width help?
>>
>> Given that his reason for not wanting to use box-sizing was that it
>> wouldn't work in old browsers, I don't think calc() would help.  ^_^
>>
> Not sure I follow. Old browsers don't support % border-width either so
> you'll need a newer browser anyway, won't you?

My comment was in the context of Matt's previous email, which
contained the line:

"The solutions are poor - either you use outline and get errors with
Firefox (and poor line placement) or you use box-sizing, but
box-sizing can't degrade gracefully."