RE: [css3-flexbox] flex-flow: wrap

± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
± Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:01 AM
±
± On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
± > On 12/06/2011 04:12 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
± >> We should split wrapping out of flex-flow into a flex-wrap property.
± >> It made sense to combine them into flex-flow before when we had
± >> physical values, but now that we only have logical values, there's no
± >> benefit to since there are no invalid combinations.
± >
± > Is there a use case for these two properties to cascade independently?
±
± Dunno!  It seemed to make sense to separate them, because they are different things.
±
± ~TJ

It is much easier to show that flex-direction should cascade separately. Then insisting that flex-wrap doesn't would just be weird.

A case can be made though that if somewhere in our UI you have a box with multiple buttons which are OK to wrap, that is likely to stay true when you switch from horizontal UI to vertical and back.