[css3-gcpm] Various issues

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:29:32 -0800
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
While reviewing several specs today, fantasai and I noted several
issues with some of the functions defined in GCPM:

We suggest changing 'string-set' from a ''content()'' function (that
accepts some keywords for control) to just a set of keywords:
''contents'', ''content-element'', ''content-before'',
''content-after'', ''content-first-letter''.  This avoids nested
functions in ''target-text()'', and it's a fixed set of values anyway
so the functional notation doesn't add anything - it only complicates
the syntax.

'target-text' should use the same set of keywords that 'string-set' does.

We agree with the note in the spec about abolishing ''link-rel()'',
and instead using ''go()'' with the rel keywords as additional valid
values.

''url-doc()'' needs to be specific that it is parsed in the same way
as ''url()'', as a special token

It appears that ''target-pull()'' is completely undefined.  It's
mentioned once and then used in one example, and that's it.

In general, it would be nice if all of these functions had their
grammar defined in a grammar block, rather than solely in a paragraph
of prose.  It's much eaiser to see at a glance what a function should
look like with a grammar block.

~TJ and fantasai