Re: [cssom-view] Definition of scrollWidth doesn't seem to make sense

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=589081 shows 210 in all
> modern browsers.  Per the definition currently in the spec I _think_ it
> should say 220, because that definition talks about adding up the paddings
> and the "content width", but the content can (and in this case does) overlap
> the paddings.
>
> I believe in this instance the spec is what's wrong, not the
> implementations.

I know I tested overflow situations when I was creating my explanatory
diagram <http://www.xanthir.com/diagrams/scrollwidth-clientwidth.html>,
but I guess I somehow missed the case of "overflow + padding-right".

You're right - the definition doesn't match reality.