Re: [css3-background] color transition line

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:19:12 -0800
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
On 01/17/2012 09:05 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
>> However it is not defined what these
>> transitions look like or how "proportional" maps to a point on the
>> curve.
>
> I'm not sure what I think about this part because I'm having trouble visualizing.
>
> Can you provide two sample renderings for the same markup where both are conformant with the proposed text but one would become non-conformant if we defined "what the transition looks like"?

This part of the text hasn't changed since we first went to CR.

No, I'm not going to draw pictures for you. Please use your imagination instead:
   - for color transitions, a sudden color change vs. conical gradient
   - for style renderings, the transition of dots to solid or the
     transition of double to solid. A sharp, diagonal transition at
     the corner looks really bad for dots to solid, because a circular
     dot doesn't extend to the corner -- this is why Zack's suggested
     rendering has the solid border take up the whole corner. A curved
     transition from double to solid could be done gradually rather
     than suddenly.

~fantasai