Re: [css3-animations] :animating or :transitioning pseudo-class

From: Jonathan Snook <jonathan@snook.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:09:35 -0500
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
To: www-style@w3.org
> I'm concerned that a simple :transitioning pseudo wouldn't be enough -
> it would trigger on *every* transition, but I suspect that decent uses
> of it would actually want to trigger only on *certain* transitions.
> Thus, I'd need to see some decent cases that would be helped by
> something like this before I can really evaluate its usefulness.

To address the fact that it triggers on every transition, an alternative syntax could allow for narrowing down the focus:

div:transitioning(opacity) { }

As to the two use cases I presented, you did present alternate options that would be just as sufficient in solving those problems. Seeing step-end for arbitrary values would be very helpful.

I feel like there are other potential use cases but I'm not thinking of anything practical right now.

Jonathan.