Re: Fast-track new people to areas www-style need the most help with

From: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:55:37 +0000
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>

> > Agh! I have just found this:
> http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/weblog/2011/inside-csswg/
> >
> > Why on earth is this not on the W3C pages as an introduction to the
> list, and getting involved with it?!
>
> The hard part usually is that we have a tendency to say "Why was this not
> accessible on the home page" but the we is composed of many people with
> different priorities.

I'd be happy to get this sorted (i.e., do some stuff on the W3C's web-pages
to help address these discoverability issues) if someone can point me to
who I need to talk to about it :)

That said, there is certainly room for improvements.
> I remember in the past, I tried a small series of blog, but I didn't
> manage to write everything I wanted. There is room for more comprehensive
> information.
>
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/05/contribute-w3c-quick-tips.html
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/06/contribute-w3c-tutorials.html
>
> Olivier Théreaux wrote also
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/03/w3c-mailing-lists.html

Ah-ha! I'll investigate these when I am not at work. Thanks.

> btw I didn't remember where it was so I just did
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22How%20to%20to%20contribute%20to%20W3C%22

That's cool, but it really shouldn't be necessary to use Google to navigate
the W3C...