RE: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

[Lea Verou:]

> On 17/1/12 01:12, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > [Lea Verou:]

> >> Why not handle all non-interpolable values like visibility and
> >> interpolate them through a discrete step?
> > What are 'all non-interpolable values like visibility'? We should be
> > specific as to which cases we want to talk about as there are far more
> > that just can't really be reasonably defined.
> >

> I was referring to every value for which interpolation isn't explicitly
> defined. Roughly anything that's not a number, integer, percentage, length,
> angle, time, color, image (in L4) or a functional notation with parameters
> of these types. Basically, as a fallback kind of interpolation definition,
> when there's nothing more specific. I never got what was so special about
> visibility and it was the only property that got that privileged treatment.

Sorry, I'm slow so I don't understand what that means. Let's start with
visibility; it has values of hidden, visible and collapse. Where does collapse
fit in when I interpolate from hidden to visible? Does it happen somewhere in
 between? Or are we talking about interpolating between any pairs of value with
the author deciding when the switch occurs?