Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

On 17/1/12 01:47, Lea Verou wrote:
> On 17/1/12 01:12, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>> [Lea Verou:]

>>> Why not handle all non-interpolable values like visibility and
>>> interpolate
>>> them through a discrete step?
>> What are 'all non-interpolable values like visibility'? We should be
>> specific
>> as to which cases we want to talk about as there are far more that
>> just can't
>> really be reasonably defined.
>>

> I was referring to every value for which interpolation isn't
> explicitly defined. Roughly anything that's not a number, integer,
> percentage, length, angle, time, color, image (in L4) or a functional
> notation with parameters of these types. Basically, as a fallback kind
> of interpolation definition, when there's nothing more specific. I
> never got what was so special about visibility and it was the only
> property that got that privileged treatment.

Also, that would have the **amazing** side effect of being able to track
style changes through the transitionEnd event, as in that case it could
fire for every single property when transition-property: all;. A bit
hacky way to achieve that, sure, but it's better than nothing.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)