Re: [css3-syntax] CSS escape sequences

(12/01/13 2:35), Mathias Bynens wrote:
>>> Looks like WebKit treats unpaired surrogates just like mis-ordered
>>> ones: it drops the whole declaration.
>>
>> I still see the grey box there so the declaration isn't dropped.
>
> This is probably a misunderstanding in terminology. The declaration
> (`property: value;`) is dropped, not the declaration block (`{
> property: value; property2: value2; }`).

Do you see the grey box I am talking about?

If you manually delete "content:'\df06\d834 : surrogate pair in the
wrong order';" by hand (not dropping the the whole html:after block) and
re-run, do you still see the grey box?

For what's worth, I no longer see the grey box after I manually drop the
declaration. This implies (at least to me) that the declaration was
there even if it contains mis-ordered surrogates but 'content' was
rendered as spaces. I am wondering if the behavior I perceive is
platform-dependent...