RE: [css3-regions] Avoid Markup Clutter

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:32:51 +0000
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
CC: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
± From: Håkon Wium Lie [mailto:howcome@opera.com]
± Subject: Re: [css3-regions] Avoid Markup Clutter
±
± I don't think it's a good idea to progress css3-regions without knowing how to use them.
±
± Cheers,
±
± -h&kon
±               Håkon Wium Lie                          CTO °þe®ª
± howcome@opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome

I have not jumped in on regions threads that have been going on over holidays, as I am trying to find ways to make it productive.

In attempt to get there, I've put together a wiki page with some background on fragmentation and pagination: http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/fragments-columns-regions-pages

There are no answers there, not yet, I would like to use that to set context and evaluate proposals.

The next thing that I'd like to do is bring ideas discussed at TPAC to a proposal and compare with what was being discussed later.

Alex.