Re: line-height suggestions and easier alignment

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:01:47 +1100
To: www-style@gtalbot.org
On 12/01/2012 2:43 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:
> On 12/01/2012 8:15 AM, "GĂ©rard Talbot" wrote:

>> I believe that an ideal webpage explaining all these concepts
>> (line-height, line box, inline box, content area, font-size,
>> vertical-align, etc.) should create a line that emulates/simulates the
>> baseline.
>
> Yes it would. This would require a vertically centered image
> (linear-gradient are ideal since they work with vendor prefixes ~ each
> browser can be given slightly different values) with vertical heights in
> em values.

I planing on improving my test with a few cross platform fonts (Windows,
Mac and Linux) and making the page interactive.

This is a question to all list members (I not a font person). Which
fonts should I used?

I thinking of 'Times New Roman', 'Arial', 'Verdana' (since it's a large
font) and Helvetica.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/