Re: [css3-text] [css4-color] currentColor and inheritance

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:22:13 +0800
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
(12/01/12 11:22), fantasai wrote:
> The problem is that currentColor computes to the value of 'color', and
> then inherits as that color.

What's the use case of the current definition? I mean, can we actually
change the definition here instead of creating a new keyword? If the
only concern is about existing contents that query the value of
border-color via getComputedStyle, can we tweak the algorithm for
getComputedStyle instead?

I noticed that browsers currently implement the specced behavior for,
say, cases that combine 'fill' and 'color', but is this behavior
actually desirable? In any case, I think CSS4 Color should introduce
either an example use case or a note that explains this rather
surprising result.

Cheers,
Kenny