RE: [css3-flexbox] about flexible margins and alignment

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 05:17:16 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Andrew Fedoniuok <news@terrainformatica.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
± Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 6:16 PM
±
± For the one-item case with positive free space, centering definitely seems to
± be the right thing to do.
±
± For the negative-free-space case, I'm not sure.  We could center, but then I
± feel like we should do the same thing for 'justify'.  But maybe not, since
± the one-item case for 'justify' is start-aligned.  I could go either way.

Negative free space is overflow either way, not sure if start or center would be preferred, I can’t really think of a use case where one would be better than the other...

I can live either way too. Center seems easier to define.

Alex