Re: min-width and max-width on <table>

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:43:43 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 1/6/12 6:44 PM, Max Vujovic wrote:
> The CSS 2.1 spec states that min-width and max-width are undefined on
> tables.

Note that the same is true for 'width' except for fixed layout mode...

> What do you all think? Does implementing min-width and max-width on the
> table tag in WebKit sound reasonable?

It sounds reasonable; you just can't rely on the spec to define how it
should behave, because no one really has that figured out yet.  It's
_possible_ that Presto and Gecko are compatible here, of course.  I
wouldn't bet on it.

-Boris