Re: [css3-text] graphical effects and text-decoration

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:06:29 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 01/06/2012 05:24 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> I can't think of any reason authors would want to have filters or opacity not apply to text decorations. Possibly authors
> might want to apply text-shadow or fill-with-pattern differently to the decorations, but we could mint new properties (similar
> to 'text-decoration-color') if that was desirable. Note that SVG defines 'fill' to apply equally to both text and its decorations.

So, to be clear:

u { color: blue; }
em { text-shadow: 2px -2px black; color: orange; }

would show a blue underline stretching across some orange and blue text.
The orange text would be shadowed, as would the part of the blue underline
underneath it?

~fantasai

underline-shadow.png
(image/png attachment: underline-shadow.png)