Re: Forums

I don't think I've ever responded to the I-don't-know-how-many W3C lists
I'm subscribed to before. I'm a web developer, my interest in these lists
comes from wanting as much information as possible to do my job properly,
to know what is being considered for the future and what people are talking
about.

The same as Rob I also use Gmail, have never had any issues and couldn't
agree more with everything he's said, more than others in this discussion
who have been weighing the merits of mailing-list to forum.

My personal view is that if these lists had been part of a forum, I would
have long ago forgotten that that forum existed, as has happened with other
forums I've signed up to.
As it is, the emails come in, and every now and then I skim the subject
lines from either within a browser on a desktop, or using my email client
on my phone and have a little read of those I find interesting.

I'm not sure how long I've been subscribed to the lists, but I don't
remember how I signed up, so it was obviously a long while ago.
The major merit I find of the mailing lists is that I don't have to do
anything, I have enough to do day-to-day, plenty to read between Twitter
and articles here and there without having to worry about logging into
another forum again. I'm already logged into my email so it doesn't add
anything to my daily tasks, but gives me easy access to the information
here, and of course, the ability to reply if I want to.

Becky