Re: Orphan control in CSS

From: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:23:28 +0000
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>
Instead of guessing let's ask people. I shall have a word with our print designers when I get into work today and ask them how it works for them. I strongly suspect however that it is vastly preferable to have a basic form of orphan-control over none at all. And I'm not convinced that anything fancy does happen with paragraph formatting and orphan control anyway… Not like proper text-align justify (which is another topic - so far I've avoided the massive pitfalls of CSS Type in www-style)...